Sunday, July 3, 2011

Blog Post 9

What I Learned This Year by Mr. McClung
Checking for student comprehension has to be there forget the Peer Assessment if we teach to the student and do a good job the assessment will definitely be good.
/b>
This is very important to the students experience in the class. There will be many times we will have to adjust to the students. Teachable Moments will present themselves and we must take advantage of them.
/b>
Communication is a key aspect in teaching as we will be required to engage in numerous discussions as professionals.
/b>
What I Learned This Year by Mr. McClung


I will set lofty goals for my students and expect them to reach for them. When they reach high they won't miss their goals by much. Some may even reach them. I will take a great attempt any day and be reasonable with the students who miss.
/b>
I am so afraid of this technology effect but I am the type to try. The more I work in EDM 310 (Dr. Strange) the more positive and comfortable I get.
/b>
We must listen to students as most teachers don't. They label their students disruptive or failures when all they need to do is listen. This is a major part of our job because we too can learn.
/b>
We must continue to train and learn for our professional development. The world is faster than it has ever been with students coming to class already computer literate. We must keep up so maintain an appropriate level of knowledge.
This was a great blog filled with first hand experience by a first year teacher. Thank You Mr. McClung.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Clemente,

    I feel the passion you have for teaching throughout the words in the blog. Sounds like you will be a great asset to any faculty.

    You have a couple of errors on your post. I don't know if you trying to make some words bold or if you were posting breaks. For example, in the second to the last paragraph you said, "We must listen to students as most teachers don't. They label their students disruptive or failures when all they need to do is listen. This is a major part of our job because we too can learn.
    /b>". Also you didn't make any reference to what was discussed in Mr. McClung's blog. I hope this helps!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete